This April, 2023, Mindful Medicine is hosting a retreat for medical professionals by healthcare providers for healthcare providers.
Based on the well-established Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course, this is a highly accessible and valuable program for anyone seeking to improve health.
Our interactive retreat is offered by our highly experienced instructors who foster an atmosphere of respect and appreciation.
Mindful Medicine is not associated with any healthcare system. It is a safe place to speak freely and be heard by those who share your experiences.
Class content will include practical strategies and tools for integrating mindfulness into your daily life. Participation will include practice of mindfulness techniques in session, at home and between sessions.
- Introduction to Mindfulness for Medical Professionals
- Mindful Sitting, Moving, and On-the-Go Practices
- Burnout Realities and the Pandemic
- Resilience and Self-Compassion and Why Both Matter
- Practices that support caring for ourselves and our colleagues
This workshop is for educational purposes only and is not psychotherapy or medical treatment. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any psychiatric or medical condition.
Meditation Learning and Practice
- Meditation and related brain science
- Your mind and body’s relationship to stress
- Walking Meditation
- Body Scan Meditation
- Listening and Seeing Meditation
- Mindful Breathing Practice
- Mindful Eating Meditation
- Sitting Meditation
Participation in the group is always your personal choice.
Laura Martin, LCSW is Certified by the UMass Medical School Center for Mindfulness as a teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). She has been teaching mindfulness professionally since 2002, has worked for many years as a clinical social worker in community mental health, and currently maintains a private practice.
Denise Gour, LCSW, is Certified by the UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness as a teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). She specializes in mindfulness approaches for treating stress, depression, anxiety, and addiction challenges. She has worked as a licensed clinical social worker since 1999.
Dates and Location:
A commitment of participation for the entire session is expected for the full benefit of the retreat, a mutually supportive environment, and integration of the material.
- Friday, April 28, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, and
- Saturday, April 29, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and
- Sunday, April 30, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Location – Heart of Wisdom, 6401 NE 10th Ave, Portland OR 97211.
Currently this retreat is in-person only. 9.5 hours of CME offered.
- $400: Physicians and dentists
- $275: Nurses and all other healthcare providers
- $200: Residents
- $100: Donation to support our sliding scale & scholarships (Tax-deductible, a 501(c)3 organization)