Mindful Medicine is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (Tax ID: 46-3513976) based in Portland, OR.
Our goals are to:
- increase coping skills and resiliency for health professionals;
- enhance and foster empathy and compassion in our medical providers thereby reducing and preventing burnout;
- address the isolation within the healthcare community (inter- and intra-systemic) by providing opportunities for collaboration and cooperation.
To achieve these goals, we introduce evidence-based mindfulness skills relevant to health professionals drawn from Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and related models. Our retreats focus on all types of health professionals.
Attendees of our retreats and group sessions will practice mindfulness skills and learn:
- self-care skills that reduce stress and compassion fatigue, enhance self-compassion and positive emotions;
- clinical communication skills that focus on improving empathy and attention and emotional regulation;
- effective cooperative problem solving with patients and co-workers.
Through this approach, we believe Mindful Medicine participants will be able to provide a higher standard of care in the communities they serve.
Our community partners:
- Heart of Wisdom Zen Temple